Click Here





Sunday, December 15, 2013

Goal Zero 19006 Guide 10 Adventure Kit with 4 Goal Zero AA Batteries

I made the mistake of buying the Goal Zero 19006 Guide 10 Adventure Kit with 4 Goal Zero AA Batteries, not this one, which is the Guide 10 PLUS Adventure Kit. The Guide 10 Plus is iPad compatible, whereas, the Guide 10 is not.

I bought this kit mainly for camping. I find myself needing to charge my iPhone and iPad and knew this company made a good product. In April 2011, I went to Overland Expo in Amado, AZ and the Goal 0 reps had a big booth and gave away some small solar powered led flashlights. I was very impressed with their presentation of the products. This kit fits perfect in my bug out/backpacking/camping bag. I weighed the item, as I do with all items that go in my pack, it weighs 1 lbs 6 oz with: the solar panel, all cables, battery pack and batteries. EVERY OUNCE COUNTS when backpacking. So, for me, this was a good option compared to having to pack batteries and then maybe having to worry about scavenging more, if in a survival/bugout/zombie/post-apocalyptic situation, lol.

NOTE!!!!
I can charge my iPhone(4) directly from the Nomad 7 solar panels or with the Guide 10 Plus battery pack. But I can ONLY charge my iPad (1st Gen) with the Guide 10 Plus battery pack, I CANNOT get the iPad to charge when directly plugged into the Nomad 7 solar panels...this was disappointing for me, but I'll make do. Furthermore, I plan on buying 2 additional Guide 10 Plus battery packs with 4x AA batteries and 3 packs of 4x AAA batteries. I plan to use the AAA's in my flashlight, lantern and head lamp, and to use the AA's in the Guide 10 Plus packs to charge my electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment